Monday, May 5, 2008

DrMom is back



I survived my first camping trip since the age of twelve! The people (adults) were delightful and the kids were really well behaved. The weather held until after we left Saturday. I did not have to de-tick, but I certainly have my share of bug bites.

Many of my friends asked WHY did I go camping... well it was because I am a mom and my kids wanted me to go... Not sure I will go again. I find it important to be a good role model for my kids... even recycling to show them that it is not appropriate to waste useable items...

Apparently I have a kindred spirit in Artist Diane Kurzyna,
aka Ruby Re-Usable, who uses recycled, reused, discarded, unwanted, unloved, lost and found, pre- and post- consumer waste materials in her work because she lives
by the motto:

MAKE ART NOT WASTE!

Here are her Shalom Mother and Child and Portrait of the Artist as a Jewish Mother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov on the camping survival! And I am so happy you didn't have to de-tick! those are nasty lil buggers.

Those are great recycled figures!

Ruby Re-Usable said...

Todah Rabah for the shout out, FYI:

you can purchase some of Diane Kurzyna's recycled art work at www.RubyReUsable.etsy.com (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5521527)

and read more on her blog:
Olympia Dumpster Divers (http://rubyreusable.com/artblog/)

love, etc Diane aka Ruby Re-Usable