Friday, April 4, 2008

Enjoy the pink!


Yesterday I changed the blog layout (like it?) and changed it to pink for the breast cancer post... now I can't get it to more neutural colors. So rejoice in it. And take a moment to rejoice in Sigaliot's PINK HAMSA. Sigaliot is an Israeli Polymer Clay artist. This is her story in her own words:


"Since I was a little girl, I love art & color.
My notebooks at school, were always decorated with my scribbles and sketching's.
At school the art, paint and drawing lessons was my fave and I always did great in them.
After my army service (yes, in Israel every one give two or three years), I started to learn building architecture.
Those years where full of joy and satisfaction, for the first time I understood my real abilities and I did wonderful!
Finely, art is not just a hobby, its a career.
Soon after that short career I had my first son, at the same time I rediscovered “fimo” polymer clay at one of the Israeli art forum I participate back then.
I had an immediate click with the material, I saw the possibilities way before I knew how to make the most simple cane
I hooked by this wonderful material.
So many colors, so many techniques, I didn't know where to start.
Well, I start by exploring the material, lots' and lots of hours of trail and error,
that's how my little business born and start to breathe.
Since then, 5 years went trough and we (the polymer clay and I) have a love story♥
Now I want to share my art with the rest of the world, bring for every one of you a piece of Israeli love with shape and color.
I love my art, I love making it and I hope that you will love an appreciate it too."

No comments: