Friday, November 16, 2007

A Chanukah Reading Primer

My husband and I love to read (me more than he, but he fit the bill when I was looking for a Jewish boy who read books). We are trying to instill the same in our children. One of the favorite gifts I like to give is books and things that book related. I have a few items for your consideration today:


For the Judah Maccabee in your life, how about a tough looking bookmark to keep his place when he is interrupted to rub your feet, tired after grating 10 pounds of potatos for latkes. This one is from Zero Gravity Glass.



If you are like me, you like to share your books with others. Sometimes it is frustrating when certain books are not returned. These bookplates from Sarit Miller Ben-Meir of 22 Old Friends would be a great gift to another bibliophile... or you can place one in a book as a gift for a friend as well.




















Perhaps there is a budding Shalom Aleichem or Saul Bellow on your list? A hand made journal like this from the Judaica Maven would fit the bill.

And remember last weeks artist, Naama? Well, she posted some wonderful bookmarks here that she made.

No comments: