Friday, March 23, 2007

Sing: Shavua Tov

A Yeminite song for Havdalah:

My soul longs for the candle and the spices.
If only you would pour me a cup of wine for Havdalah


O angels on high, pave a way for me,
clear the path for the bewildered [daughter of Zion]
and open the gates that I may enter
My heart yearning
I shall lift up my eyes to the Lord,
who provides for my needs day and night.

From the treasures of your goodness,
give me the minimum I need,
for your goodness has no end nor limit.
Rejuvenate my joy, my bread and my blessing,
Remove all sorrow, pain and darkness.

Now the days of activity begin once again
May they be renewed in peace and in goodness.
Amen.

Susan Fischer Weis has been creating Judaica for many years, a seder plate of hers is displayed in the Spertus Museum. Her work is whimsical but inspired. And best of all she works in polymer clay!!! Creating one-of-a-kind works of art is the most rewarding part of Susan Fischer Weis’s art career. These pieces come directly from her heart, mind and soul. They represent her truest self. The Garden of Eden Havdallah spice box makes use of fresh spices in a truly original design, evoking the peace and serenity of the Garden of Eden. To sustain us through the week, we seek a lingering reminder of Shabbat through our sense of smell.

This was a particularly wonderful week for me and the Judaica Journal. I got to begin and end the week with Polymer Clay Artists!

No comments: