Thursday, January 11, 2007

Wishful thinking

Lo the winter is past
The rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth
The time of the singing of birds is come
Song of Solomon 2:10-11

Were it not for a completely unnatural substance, this blog likely would not have been born. Not quite a year ago, I developed an itch- I wanted to make Judaica. I searched for a medium and was unsatisfied. That is until I discovered POLYMER CLAY. Some would call it a child's toy but in the work of an artist the possiblilities are endless.

Today, I will give you a taste of this medium, hopefully you will want more and more (like me).

Eti Raz makes these wonderful hamsot. Don't you feel like she peered out her window and saw this field of sunflowers before she made the hamsa on the right?






















It appears that irises were growing outside Roni Gur's window.

No comments: