Thursday, July 21, 2011

לשון הרע Lashon Hara- Not here, baby!


The sin of idle gossip... it is considered to be serious sin. The harm done by speech is believed to be worse than the harm done by stealing or by cheating someone financially, because amends can be made for monetary harms, but the harm done by speech can never be repaired.
I bring it up only because in this world where people's dirty laundry is aired everywhere I think it is appropriate to sing someone's praises. That is what this blog is about. It is a place where we can see the beauty of someone's work and someone's attempts to make the world an even lovelier place.

Cheryl Lynch is a quilter- one who has combined her Judaism with her artistry. They are made from silk dupioni and each of them tells a story. The beauty of using silk is that it glistens under the lights illuminating the ark. Her work with these Torah covers are a story I want to share.

1 comment:

Cheryl Lynch Quilts said...

Thank you for sharing my torah covers with your readers. The pomegranate cover is my favorite. All of my torah covers are quilted. This particular one is quilted with round little pebbles. It took me 3 entire days just for the quilting. I realized as I was doing it that these "pebbles" were representative of the pomegranate seeds!