Friday, August 27, 2010

Mannah from heaven????

Okay, I might be mixing up my books of the Bible, but when an artist discovers me before I discover him or her I consider it a gift... especially when the person's work includes the fruit of the week- the Pomegranate!

Such was the case on Thursday morning when I received a message (on my Facebook... how'd she do that????) from Rony Weiss regarding her work as an Embroidery Artist.



Regarding this particular work, Rony says the following:

“I am to my beloved, and my beloved is mine” – The Song of Songs (Shir Hashirim) 6 (3).

The beautiful verse taken from the Song of Songs scroll is a promise of love and faithfulness and suits loving couples of all ages.

According to the Kabala, the Jewish secretive faith, the acronyms of each word in this verse form the word ‘Elul’ which is the month of repentance and forgiveness and symbolize the renewal of Promise and faithfulness between the people of Israel and God.

The verse is decorated as a magnificent jewel, embroidered with silk thread and interlaced with pearls and crystal beads.

Thank you Rony...you made my Shabbes a bit more peaceful!!! Shabbat Shalom to you all!

No comments: