Tuesday, July 10, 2007

From the ISRAELCRAFTswoman...

I received this letter yesterday from Marilyn... thought I would share it with you because it gives us all a better idea of what is involved with her work.

Dear Toby,
Thank you so much for mentioning my work in your blog. I hope you have
many readers. I looked at your blog briefly and will go back to it when I
have more time.
I also write a blog:
http://www.israelcraft.com/blog/
I wrote of last summer's war [The Second War in Lebanon], as I was in the
middle of it, if you have the time and are interested in reading about it.

What I am working on right now, among other things, is the tallit of
Mattot Masai. I have designed so many parashot into prayer shawls lately
that I am losing track. Yesterday I processed over eight new ones
[processed meaning steaming, washing, and ironing painted silk] which is
probably a record for me. I think I have designed over 40 though only 25
are up on the website.
I had plans of finishing designs of all the parashot by this Rosh Ha
Shana. Now that I am in the midst of the work, I am wondering if I am not
making gradious plans that I cannot possibly complete.
So I should work. And because I have this week's portion ready to sew
into a tallit, I want to get to it, just to have done it by the coming
Shabbot.
Thank you again and please keep in touch if you feel like it and have the
time.

Sincerely,
Marilyn Jackler
http://www.israelcraft.com

No comments: