Monday, January 8, 2007

ARCHIE GRANOT

There are so many beautiful pieces to choose from, so many talented artists. I would be remiss if I did not show the wonderful, wonderful and prolific work of Archie Granot And since yesterday I showed the letter MEM, today I will share an ALEF, the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet.



Born in London, England in 1946, Archie Granot moved to Israel in 1967. Before moving to Jerusalem in 1978 where, the following year, he discovered his extraordinary talent, he was a member of an agricultural community where he milked cows and grew melons. He has a M.Phil in Russian Studies from the University of Glasgow, Scotland and a B.A. in Political Science and Russian Studies from the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.

And while Pesach (Passover) is still months away, I feel compelled to show Granot's intererpretation of the 10 Plagues... just one of the plates from his Haggadah.



And to usher in my next theme...in honor of Tu'bshevat his palm trees:

No comments: